Greetings and hope your summer is going well!
The reason for reaching out to you is that based on our membership and programming survey feedback we received, a Disaster Recovery Program was high on our membership's priority list so the IFMA Board has worked earnestly to organize the September 10th Disaster Recovery program at the Community College of Philadelphia. We have a highly experienced and talented speaker to provide a tremendous amount of practical and critical updates on how to help keep facilities safe and protect a building's property and personnel in the most effective way possible. If you watch the news, you can certainly see that being prepared and educated in handling unforeseen situations is key to surviving a crisis.
The attendance registration is extremely light at this point, so we are appealing to you to either attend or contact others who may benefit from this extremely valuable presentation. We understand folks may be away this time of year, however with your help, we can make this a successful event.
To learn more about this program and to register, click here.
Marcella Garwood, President, Greater Philadelphia Chapter of IFMA
New President's Message
Wow! It's well into August and the summer is flying by, but rest assured that although this is the time for family vacations and trips to the shore, the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of IFMA has been very gearing up for an exciting fall line-up of events hosted by the Program and Education Committees including a Disaster Recovery program and a Best Practices in October.
It is so refreshing to be a part of an industry that is really moving and shaking. Facility Managers are no longer considered "maintenance personnel" since companies are realizing the true value derived by the FM professional who is now responsible for optimally and sustainably managing buildings, as well as developing and nurturing the human element of an organization's culture.
Over the last year, our Chapter has grown significantly, and we are very excited about this trend, especially with the boom of student interest. I am very proud to introduce two new board members, Miguel Martinez, and Zahra Khaku who are Temple students with majors in Facility Management and who now sit on the Chapter's board providing valuable input from a younger perspective. Additionally, Mike Makofsky from Tech Reps signed on this year as the new co-chair of the Program Committee joining returning co-chair, Barb Celia, FM at Catholic Health East.
- Kathleen Albertson, Professional Building Services
- Michael Angelucci, Temple University
- Perry Artese, Acentech
- John Barella, Valley Forge Military Academy and College
- Stephen Beacham, Daroff Design
- Eddie Behrens, Temple University
- Timothy Buck, Temple University
- Jorge Christian, Philadelphia Gas Works
- Joseph Cotillo, Leapfrog Hotels
- John Dobrowolsky, Fluidics, Inc.
- Scott Dorn, General Electric
- Bill Durso, Nutrisystem, Inc
- Taggart Foulke, American Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Conor Gelches, Comcast
- Matt Gentile, Temple University
- Kevin Kamzelski, FMP Colorcon Inc.
- Jennifer Kane, Orkin, LLC
- Ben Levin, NIKO Construction Supply
- Michael Mckee, Philadelphia Gas Works
- Matt Muscella, Lincoln University
- Jim Owens, SDI Incorporated
- Stephanie Palko, Budget Maintenance Construction Services
- Kayla Paonessa, Schnoll Painting
- Craig Peters, Vertex Inc.
- Gary Reed, Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Robert Spiotta, Janney Montgomery Scott
- Matthew Suydam, CFM Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Sonya Thorpe, Acentech
- William Whitaker, Temple University
- Jason Wilkins, Temple University
- Robert Zappacosta, Carpenter Steel
(updated May 23, 2014)